Pt. 5 Building An Online Presence – aka The Pieces to Building a Website . . .Helping you navigate your way around the online world! Part Five – Next Steps – DIY or Hire Design Company Okay – you’ve read the first Four Parts to this series and are now ready to build your website and have an amazing web presence! Here are the links to the Posts in this series – just in case you want to review and bookmark Part One: What Happens After the Site Has Been Built Part Two: What Happens During the Site Build Out Part Three: What Happens After the Site Has Been Built Part Four: Top Website Design Mistakes: Remember:
- Do your research – find some sites that you love the design, color, flow and then create your own unique brand
- Do read up on what the experts are doing in your particular business field and ask a lot of questions – find a mentor or two – people do love to help but have to be asked first!
- Don’t get so tied up on the details that you never get your design created – as you can always tweak as you go!
- Written copy – use your own voice and create your copy as if you were speaking to YOUR IDEAL Client!
- Don’t skimp on quality graphics and photos
- Do have professional email addresses and your own unique Web URL (web address) vs. having a web address that is hosted by another company!
- Have fun and if all of this seems more than a little overwhelming to you…..not to worry! As any successful entrepreneur will tell you, websites are a constant work in progress, so don’t hesitate to experiment with different content, layout and ideas to see what works best for you. Give each idea a reasonable amount of time to see if it’s going to pay off, but if it doesn’t, move on to the next one.